I had quite a bit of scrap felt leftover from my pineapple bowl so I used the largest piece to stitch a bird and he looks great on my white wall!
I started off with black thread to make the outline and main body parts then yellow thread to highlight the eye and beak. I put a couple of white hand stitches to make a glint in the eye (I had to use pliers to pull the needle through as the the black stitching was so dense) then my plan was to introduce different colours on the breast and wings with either hand or machine stitching. But everytime I added more stitching I didn't like it so I took it off.
Less is more. After several hours I was back to the simply stitched bird. Annie wanted me to put a hat on it but I said "No, I'm happy with it as it is!"