Suitable for complete beginners in feltmaking and free motion machine stitching!
'Handmade Felt and Stitch Bowls' shows you how to make pretty ornamental bowls from pieces of flat, handmade felt by cutting and stitching or just stitching.
© 2014 rosiepink
There are two simple and secure ways to buy "Handmade Felt & Stitch Bowls" - click the buttons below to buy it either via Paypal, or from our Etsy shop. It is available to purchase, and instantly download, for £7.99 (approx USD $13)
You'll be able to make these bowls even if you've never made felt before and even if you're not confident with a sewing machine because everything you need to know is explained step-by-step in the project instructions and is supported with the sections:
'Getting Started with Free Motion Machine Stitching' in the main PDF, and
'How to Make Flat Felt - a simple guide to everything you need to know' in the separate companion pdf that comes with Handmade Felt and Stitch Bowls.
You can adapt these projects, using your own ideas, designs and colours, to make many unique and beautiful bowls, and if you make and sell handmade goods, then you are free to sell anything you make using these tutorials, even if the items are identical to those pictured in the PDF.
The companion PDF, 'How to Make Flat Felt - a simple guide to everything you need to know' contains our standard ‘Basic Info & Techniques’ section that is included with all rosiepink felting pdfs 2013 and onwards, plus a detailed flat felt tutorial and a useful glossary.
Information covered in the companion PDF:
- Basic felt making equipment
- Merino wool tops & Suppliers
- How to set up your work area
- How to separate a length of wool top and how to pull off a tuft of fibres
- How to blend wool
- How to lay down tufts of wool to make a piece of felt
- How to make up soapy water
- How to net fibres over, wet down, remove excess water, apply soap, rub and lift the net
- How to create an organic, fine wavy edge to felt
- How to create a defined edge to felt
- How to use a bamboo rolling mat
- What is fulling and how much will the felt shrink?
- How to warm up your felt during fulling
- How to make pre-felt
- How to make a simple drying rack
- A simple step-by-step method to make your first piece of flat felt.
- Glossary of common felt making terms
'Getting Started with Free Motion Machine Stitching' is a basic introduction to free motion machine stitching for beginners. It will get you started and will enable you to complete all the felt-making projects in this PDF that require free motion machine stitching.
Photos and clear explanations will take you step-by-step from the basic things you will need and how to set up your machine to confident free motion stitching.